Chana kababs - the beauty of serendipity


I chanced upon chana kababs accidentally! Was trying to prepare hummus - soaked the chickpeas in the night, ground them in the morning...anticipating the taste of hummus! And then revisited the recipe and realised that the chickpeas need to be boiled for hummus!

Now what! The innocent me decided to cook the paste on stove - May be that will do the trick! But, when I started cooking - it started taking a different texture, that of kababs - and I discovered the kabab recipe on my own! It was quite a revelation to me (pardon my ignorance) - I think this is how the recipes would have developed through ages- someone would have chanced upon a different trick!
 
Made these chickpea kababs as an evening snack..

Recipe:
1. Grind one cup soaked chickpeas a lil coarsely
2. Add 2 tsp beans, and 2 tsp peas and grind with chickpeas to make a smooth paste.
Add a tsp curd and one soaked bread, salt, coriander powder and red chilly powder, pulse again, batter is ready!
4. In a pan, heat 2tsp desi ghee, spoon the mixture on the tawa! Let it brown and get cook well, turn sides, let it brown and cook well!
Plate it and serve-delicious kababs!

Comments

Popular Posts