The Mathematics of Love - Happy Birthday Kamlesh Mam!

 It is so heartwarming and an honour to write about someone you have deep respect, fondness and gratitude. It gives me great pleasure to write a kitchen story for you  Kamlesh Mam, as I reminisce the golden time I spent learning Mathematics from you in the School!When I think back to my school days, I am filled with gratitude as you made me fall in love with Maths! 

I remember the day you joined as a new teacher in the school. Some naughty ones in the class were creating trouble, but you were undeterred! You kept teaching and slowly the commotion settled and all students were glued to you! I learnt a lesson about "teaching" that day along with Mathematics :)

You transformed the Maths scene of our school with your effective teaching methods, and never moved forward until the concept was crystal clear to each student in the class.

 I still remember the innovative ways you devised to explain the concepts and your sweet reprimands and scoldings in the class. I feel you had befriended the whole class, always approachable with a loving embrace. You believed in us and encouraged at every step. Practice, practice, practice, I remember you made us do and my happiness had no bounds when I got 99.75/100 in my class exam. I still wonder why that 1/4 was cut :) 

You made us all fall in love with Maths!  Mam it is your birthday today and I want to say Thank you for being such a wonderful mentor and for believing in us!

You encourage me even now on my every post on FB, really really means a lot! Thank you..

And Here is another surprise for you on your Birthday, there a few things Rohit shared with me and wanted me to write for you. 

"Maiya, Happy Birthday, I love you and thank you for everything. There are a few incidences I remembered today and how you have inspired me always - with your compassion, leadership, courage and love

I remember that morning when everyone in the family at dadaji's place was getting ready for a trip. There were around 100 family members and guests. We were supposed to reach a venue after traveling for two hours. The venue was decorated with flowers and ribbons, and my sister was in a beautiful lehenga. Everyone was taking his/her own time to get ready for the marriage. 

The breakfast was supposed to be served after we reach the venue but we were getting so late, and our stomachs were growling with hunger. A lady took the lead and cooked large delicious Aloo Paranthas, stuffed with spices and coriander for all of us. Other ladies of the house joined hands in serving the meal to everyone. The taste was matching the occasion, and we all ate until we were full. 

Everyone glorified the extraordinary efforts of the lady. I was also surprised by the familiar yet unique taste that I went to the kitchen to know who the lady was. Ofcourse , it was you Maiya - and that day I learnt from you "leadership and compassion" - thinking about others before myself!

I also remember the day when the thief snatched your chain. You were speechless, could not speak, but acted so quickly! You slapped the chain snatcher and pulled the chain back from his hands. He ran away, being fearful of getting caught. That day I learnt from you "Courage"

Another time, I won the best champion award in a martial arts competition. I received a trophy for the same. You were on the stage looking proudly at me - that day as ever I saw in your eyes "Love and your belief in me"! It meant a lot!

And of-course the great cook and chef you are Ma,  always feeding us the tasty food that made us strong!

Thank you Maiya for everything. For the yummy dahi bhalle you cook on Holi, for cooking delicious Rajma rice whenever I ask for, for mixed veg plus coconut chutney and most importantly for being a loving mother to my wife as well.

 A very happy birthday to you 💐:) May Lord Krishna keep your life filled with love and happiness!"

 And here is my favorite - Mixed vegetable recipe that you have taught me:


 

1. Pray to Radharani. 

2. Put four spoon cow ghee in pan on low flame

3. Add half spoon jeera, some turmeric, garam masala, haldi, 

4. Add chopped vegetables like beans, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, cabbage. 

5. Add 2 chopped tomatoes and salt to taste. 

6. Add paneer pieces in the end. 

7. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame for 10-15 mins. 

8. Then garnish with dhaniya and tulasi and offer to Lord with love 


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts