Image may contain: dessert, food and outdoor
Add caption

I think everyone would agree that it is the food that has kept us going during this Lockdown. Our efforts to try new recipes, improvise, and bring variety helped keep the family in high spirits. Is it not food that always uplifts us when we are in low moods!

For me too, Lockdown helped me get back to YourKitchenStory with new posts as I got an opportunity to cook more regularly. I have a good friend who is not fond of cooking at all and has always had a cook but she made it a point to cook something new during this lockdown, she got over her resistance to cook and has surprised herself.

For me, every now and then, there is this deep desire to have cake with tea and also a cake brightens up my lil one's face... so I wear my baking gear and get going!

Today's make was Banana Custard cake...I am not using refined flour (maida) at all. I am using only whole wheat flour, makes it more nutritious and lessens the guilt - only thing that is worrisome in cake is sugar - but then we share it, don't we!

Today's cake came out delicious, rose beautifully with perfect flavors. Here is the recipe for


Banana Custard cake

Recipe Author: YourKitchenStory

Serving: Serves 4

Duration: 10 min preparation, 30-35 min bake

Ingredients:

2 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup oil

1 mashed banana

3/4 cup whole wheat flour

2 tsp custard powder

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp baking soda

2 tbsp milk

1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Method:

  1. Beat the eggs with sugar, add oil, mix well.
  2. Add mashed banana, mix well
  3. Sieve the dry ingredients, fold in the wet mix
  4. Add milk and apple cider vinegar, mix well
  5. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 min, and then at 150 degrees for next 15 min (temperature settings differ for different ovens, I work with LG microwave in Convection settings)

Garnish with sugar and cherries and savour with tea!

Comments

Popular Posts