Your Kitchen Story - smart dosa tip

I am in the process of perfecting the art of dosa making!

And I found that it does not spread properly every single time...the thickness was variable and I was stuck somewhere - so, I happened to meet Suresh anna on the street who just brought forward the BIG perfect dosa and invited me to his street kiosk to teach me the art of dosa making!







Ok, so first and foremost - temperature of your tawa plays a big role in how your dosa will turn out..he showed me how he does it:
 
Heat the tawa on full heat until you see the smoke - then sprinkle some water over it - and it should evaporate at the count of 5 - this is the perfect temperature for your dosa spread! Do it every single time before you start spreading - and it works! yes, it does!

Another tip - if you want those crispy dosas - soak 1-2 tsp full of chana dal with urad, the dosas will be crisper and tastier!

Comments

  1. Nice tip. Thank you Arshia and guy who told this trick from his experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts